Di Long Fen 地龙粉, Qiu Yin, Lumbricus Powder, PHERETIMA, Earthworm
Buy Di Long Fen 地龙粉, Qiu Yin, Lumbricus Powder, PHERETIMA, Earthworm Online Direct From China. Lumbricus is one of important Chinese herbs, which is initially mentioned in Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing (Divine Farmer’s Materia Medica), the earliest Chinese pharmacy monograph, which recorded only 67 kinds of medicinal ingredients from animals. There this herb was classified into low-grade category. Any Question Just Feel Free To Conatct Us>>
- Product Name: Lumbricus Powder
- Latin Name: Panax Quinquefolius
- Common Name: PHERETIMA,Earthworm,Qiu Yin
- Chinese Name: Di Long 地龙
- Origin: Guangxi Province,China
- Package: Bag
- Storage: Keep in cool, dry and no light place
Read More Info. About It (In English):
You should be familiar with Lumbricus if you are a fishing enthusiast. As a matter of fact, it is a genus rather than a specific earth worm species. That’s being said, it refers to many different earthworms, among which the most common species include Lumbricus rubellus, Lumbricus castaneus, Lumbricus terrestris, Lumbricus festivus, and Lumbricus badensis. As everyone knows, this animal lives in the soil, loosens the soil, improves the fertile, and promotes agricultural production. However, you may not know the fact that earthworm is also a Chinese herb, which is better known as Di Long and widely used in plenty of Chinese herbal remedies. So, what is Lumbricus medicinally?
First don’t mistaken it as Geosaurus just because they share the same name of Dilong in Chinese. Instead in TCM it means the dried body of Lumbricus kwangtungensis from Guangdong and Guangxi and Lumbricus nativus mainly from Qinghai, Qinghai, Henan, Shandong, and Shanxi. In addition, the former refers to Pheretima asiatica Michaelsen in the family Megascolecidae, which is generally considered of better quality. The latter comes in many varieties but Allolobophora caliginosa trapezoides are most common, and others include Pheretima vulgaris Chen, Pheretima guillelmi (Michaelsen), and Pheretima pectinifera Michaelsen.
Pheretima asiatica Michaelsen is in the shape of flaky elongated strip, twisted, 10 to 20cm in length, 1 to 2cm in width. Head and tail remains the original shape – slightly pointed front and blunt end. The whole body surface is with dense segments, among which the light-color segment between 14 to 16 segments is often called “white neck”. Back is brown or gray-red and belly is yellow brown. It is fishy, slightly salty, lightweight, brittle, easily broken, with thick wall and white section.
Main chemical constituents of Pheretima asiatica Michaelsen and Allolobophora caliginosa trapezoides include hemolysis ingredient of lumbritin, antipyretic ingredient of lumbrofebin, toxic ingredient of terrestro-lumbrilysin, hypoxanthine, xanthine, adenine, guanine, guanidine, choline, alanine, valine, leucine, phenylalanine, tyrosine, lysine, and other amino acids.
Lumbricus health benefits
Lumbricus is one of important Chinese herbs, which is initially mentioned in Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing (Divine Farmer’s Materia Medica), the earliest Chinese pharmacy monograph, which recorded only 67 kinds of medicinal ingredients from animals. There this herb was classified into low-grade category.
Modern pharmacological actions
1. Its decoction and lumbrofebin have excellent antipyretic antipyretic effect;
2. Both its hot water extract and alcohol extract have sedative, anticonvulsant effect on mice and rabbits;
3. Pheretima hypoxanthine has a significant role on bronchial relaxation and antagonizes the bronchial contraction induced by histamine and pilocarpine;
4. Pheretima products, including tinctures, powder injectable suspension, hot water extract, decoction, etc., have slow and long-lasting antihypertensive effect;
5. Lumbricus extract exact has fibrinolytic and anticoagulant effect;
6. In addition, it also enhances immunity, fights against tumor, antagonizes bacteria, promotes diuresis, and excites uterine and intestinal smooth muscle.
Read More Info. About It (In Chinese 中文介绍):
地龙概述(热病惊狂 小儿惊风 咳喘)
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a trained health care practitioner.