Hai Piao Xiao 海螵蛸, Cuttlebone Powder, Cuttlefish Bone
Buy Hai Piao Xiao 海螵蛸, Cuttlebone Powder, Cuttlefish Bone Online Direct From China.Hai Piao Xiao, an effective Chinese herb that is commonly used in the treatments of gastritis and nocturnal emission; from the owners of caged birds, budgies, reptiles, and others, it serves as a good supplement that is rich in calcium.Any Question Just Feel Free To Conatct Us>>
- Product Name: Dried Cuttlebone Powder
- Latin Name: Sepiella maindroni de Rochebrune
- Common Name: Cuttlefish Bone
- Chinese Name: Hai Piao Xiao 海螵蛸
- Origin: Guangxi Province,China
- Package: Bag
- Storage: Keep in cool, dry and no light place
Read More Info. About It (In English):
As far as cuttlefish bone, or cuttlebone, is concerned, it plays a variety of different roles in the eyes of people from different backgrounds. From the perspective of a TCM practitioner, it is better known as Hai Piao Xiao, an effective Chinese herb that is commonly used in the treatments of gastritis and nocturnal emission; from the owners of caged birds, budgies, reptiles, and others, it serves as a good supplement that is rich in calcium; from a dentist, it is a wonderful absorbent that is frequently used to stop bleeding after tooth extraction or nose surgery; from Jewelers, it is an amazing mold-making material thanks to its heat-resisting, easy-carving and casting nature. But be that as it may, cuttlebones are still a strange thing to most people in everyday life. That is to say, few people are aware of its impressive medicinal uses. And this is exactly what this article is all about.
What is cuttlefish bone?
From the point of view of Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the authentic cuttlebone refers to the internal structure from Sepiella maindroni de Rochebrune or Sepia esculenta Hoyle, the species in the family Sepiidae. And it is also commonly known as Sepiae Endoconcha, Endoconcha Sepiae, Os Sepiae seu Sepiellae, Wu Zei Gu, and Sepia esculenta bone. Medicinally it is mainly produced in shallow water of Liaoning, Jiangsu, Zhejiang and other coastal provinces.
Bones of Sepiella maindroni de Rochebrune is flat oblong, 9 to 14cm long, 2.5 to 3.5cm wide, about 1.3cm thick, and with thick middle and thin edge. Back side comes with white ridges, slightly reddish sides, and inconspicuous small warts; ventral side is white and with fine wavy horizontal lines from the end to the middle. Horny edge is translucent. Tail is wide flat but with no spicules. It is lightweight, loose, easily broken, and with floured cross section and puff laminated striation. It is slightly fishy in taste and slightly salty in flavor. Bones of Sepia esculenta Hoyle is 13 to 23cm in length, and about 6.5cm in width. Back side has clear warts in slightly layered arrangement; ventral side comes with fine wavy cross-laminated that is accounted for most of the body and longitudinal shallow groove in the middle. Horny edge in the tail becomes wider gradually and tilts to the ventral side. And there is a bone spicule at the end but most of them are broken.
Main chemical compositions are 87.3% to 91.75% calcium carbonate, chitin, and phlegmatic temperament. In addition, it also contains multiple trace elements, including large amounts of calcium, a small amount of sodium, strontium, magnesium, iron, and trace amounts of silicon, aluminum, titanium, manganese, barium, and copper.
Cuttlefish bone benefits
Today cuttlebones are widely used in the treatments of gastric and duodenal ulcer, bleeding and perforation caused by ulcer, asthma, leg ulcers, and bleeding after pulling out a tooth and nasal surgery. So, how to take advantage of the health benefits from cuttlebones? And its pharmacological actions can give some inspirations.
Modern cuttlebone pharmacology
1. It resists peptic ulcer, tumor, and radiation and sets a broken bone;
2. Calcium carbonate contained can neutralize stomach acid, change the pH of the stomach contents, reduce pepsin activity, and promote the healing of ulcers;
3. After chitin contained reacts with organic matter in stomach and gastric juice, it could form a protective layer on the surface of the ulcer and then promote the blood coagulation;
4. Animal experiments showed that cuttlebone could obviously promote bone defect repair;
5. Its extract by edetic acid can inhibit S180 sarcoma and ascites sarcoma;
6. Its water extract by intragastric administration can significantly improve the survival rate of rats received 60Co radiation and serotonin levels in the blood.
Read More Info. About It (In Chinese 中文介绍):
Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The statements on this website and all affiliates have not been evaluated by the FDA. Advice on treatment or care of an individual patient should be obtained through consultation with a trained health care practitioner.
- Any question about the item, pls contact us before you decide to buy.
- Any problem about the products when you get them, pls be feel free to contact us.
- If you have any other questions or want to buy but not find them in my store, please feel free to contact us.
Whatsapp- +86 17605072655
We will respond as soon as possible.
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday, 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, 10:00am - 5:00pm